Sure, they come from the same plant. But they’re very different
Hemp oil or hemp seed oil is what it sounds like: oil that’s been extracted from the seeds of the industrial hemp variety of the cannabis sativa plant. To extract the oil, hemp seeds are pressed and bottled or further processed and refined before bottling. Hemp oil is rich in omega fatty acids, vitamin E, and while it is beneficial for cooking your favourite tikka’s, it none of the same benefits of CBD oil.
Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil
- Hemp Oil comes from the hemp seed and it has been traditionally used in lubricants, paint, ink manufacture, fuel and plastic products. It is also used in the production of skin care products, natural soaps, shampoos and detergents.
- In recent years, hemp seed oil has been recognized as natures most balanced oil for human nutrition with the perfect three to one Omega three to Omega six ratio required by the human body. It is rapidly absorbed and easily digested.
- To obtain hemp oil for use as a food, hemp seeds are cold pressed in an oxygen free environment. It should then be bottled in a light-proof container, flushed with nitrogen and refrigerated to protect the delicate oils from oxidization. This will ensure that your oil is as fresh as can possibly be.
- Hemp oil has some amazing properties. It is one of the lowest in saturated fats, only eight percent of total oil volume - the highest level of Essential Fatty Acids of any plant. Hemp oil also contains Gamma Linolenic acid, a rare oil that is highly beneficial for human growth and development.
- Although hemp oil is best taken internally but you may also obtain the benefits from hemp seed oil by using it on your skin. It has anti aging properties and can be used with other oils, such as sweet almond and jojoba oils, to make excellent massage oil.
- CBD oil, on the other hand, is a chemical compound extracted from the leaves, flowers and stalk of the same plant, and is used to treat everything from depression and anxiety to epilepsy, insomnia and cancer.
- CBD oil is a term signifying a component of the hemp plant that comes with the much-talked about anti-inflammatory benefits, and you're seeing it on everything from skin-care products to dummies and tinctures. It's extracted from the leaves, flowers, and stalks of the hemp plant.
- It is one of over a hundred active compounds or cannabinoids found exclusively in the cannabis plant, Safest & Purest CBD oil acts as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory, which reduces pain and inflammation. It's been used for centuries to successfully provide pain relief to muscle aches, arthritis, joint pain, neuropathic conditions, headaches, and to aid skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, even sunburn, and bug bites when used topically. Phew. When ingested, CBD oil provides relief from pain, anxiety and promotes a calm sense of well-being.
How do I know whether what I’m buying is hemp oil or CBD oil?
The best way to determine if a product is CBD oil or hemp oil is to look at the ingredients listed on packaging. To look for purely CBD oil products, you must find ingredients like “cannabidiol” or “CBD.” Some products may mention the type of CBD it is as well - such as “broad spectrum CBD” or “CBD Isolate”.
This Article is Medically Reviewed by Dr. Parul (BAMS)
About Dr. Parul
She has knowledge of Ayurveda and 15 years of experience practicing as a general physician, She love to interact with patients, treating their various health issues, counseling them, and advising them to the best of her ability.
She has a special interest in treating pain-related issues, diabetics, and mental health-related disorders.
She is currently working with Qurist a trusted medical cannabis company.